• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding 1 photo into the catalogue = all other photos are gone

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR5, I had about 25 photos in there, happily working away on them, when I realized I'd missed one being added in. So I went back to the Library tab, and selected the ONE photo that was missing.

Of course then when I went to the Develop tab, the only one showing was the new one I added in, the catalogue did NOT have to close down and reopen, and all the other 25 photos were gone. Where did the other 25 go to?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

After an import process is complete, Lightroom defaults to showing just the last import. If you imported that one image to the same folder as the previous images, just go to the library module and right click on  the image and choose the option to go to the folder in the library. Then all of the images should be visible. If you imported that one image to a different folder, then the first folder should be listed in the list of folders in the library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TerryLn22 wrote:

In LR5, I had about 25 photos in there, happily working away on them, when I realized I'd missed one being added in. So I went back to the Library tab, and selected the ONE photo that was missing.

Exactly how did you add that ONE photo...in detail please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went from the Develop mode where I was working on the 25 photos, then I clicked the Library mode. From there, I hit "import", found the one photo I didn't add in, clicked to add it, went back to the Develop mode and there was that ONE photo. But all the other 25 were gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an import process is complete, Lightroom defaults to showing just the last import. If you imported that one image to the same folder as the previous images, just go to the library module and right click on  the image and choose the option to go to the folder in the library. Then all of the images should be visible. If you imported that one image to a different folder, then the first folder should be listed in the list of folders in the library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To turn off this default, of displaying each newly imported set of images on its own:

in LR Preferences, General tab, second item down under the heading "Import Options" -

un-check [Select the "Current/Previous Import" collection during import].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work. I even restarted it, same thing, showing just that one photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify: I only mentioned changing that default, so that you can get the behaviour you want for the next time you import images.

If you prefer, you can change LR so that after each new import, you simply return to viewing the same images as before.

You'd then need to go and find those newly imported images yourself, if you wanted to review them. That'd easily be done, because this special view would still be available (within the Collections panel) - LR would just not switch to it for you.

OTOH if LR does show you your new imports automatically - then afterwards, you can return to your prior viewed folder or collection, using the 'Recent Sources' in the menu that pops up when you click on the text (with arrow icon) located just above the Film strip, on the left side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would probably have to do that before  you performed the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines