Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue installing latest v23 on Win Server 2012

Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-I attempted to install latest version over my existing v21 that was working fine.  After Install begins, I get Installation Failed-click here, that is of basically NO help.  Went through all the troubleshooting steps, etc.  I un-installed v21, installed latest Win updates/rebooted.  Now, attempting install again and same exact Installation Failed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What is the name of the file you are using to install Flash Player?  For what browser are you installing Flash Player for?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Each time, I've gone through the get.adobe.com site and downloaded teh flashplayer23_xa_install.exe file.  Attempted install Run as Administrator and without, but same result.  I am using Firefox ESR 45.3.0 and IE 11.0.9600.16438.  One thing I notice that seems strange, is after the install fails, it actually removes the downloaded .exe file.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-Additional info.  I just noticed there is a newer version Firefox ESR 45.5.1, which I downloaded/installed, and restarted, but same Failed Flash install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for providing the additional information.  I'll need to get the installer log files from you to investigate the failure. Please upload the following files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document :

• Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  • FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS the FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash is also required.

Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

The file deleting itself after installation (successful or not) is expected behaviour.

Microsoft embeds Flash Player for IE in Windows Server 2012, however it's disabled by default.  If you haven't enabled it yet (and need it), see How do I install Flash Player in Server 2012? Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE all Flash Player for IE updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Update.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines