• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Additional External Editor will not open in PS with correct settings

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I install a new version of Lr my Additional External Editor does not open PS with the settings Ii have applied in the External Editor settings.  Somehow in the past I have gotten it to work.  But am again having this problem and cannot figure it out.  I have deleted the previous settings and started all over again but to no avail.

Thank you in advance,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the external editing settings, dialog window.

If you have PS installed you shouldn't need to use the secondary external editor setting to send an image from LR to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, which has worked for me,  I edit my business photos in the "Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017" Editor in the top of the Preferences / External Editing window with settings of Tiff/ProPhoto RGB/16bit 240 Resolution.  These match the way PS is set up.

My family photos I use the Additional External Editor set to Photoshop, using settings: Tiff/AdobeRGB(1998)/8 bit/300 Resolution.

This has always worked for me in the past, changing the settings automatically in PS to match.  Now it always opens with the window saying that the Embedded: Adobe RGB (1998) does not match the current RGB working space ProPhoto RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot.  Untitled3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you right click do you have 2 entries for PS listed?

Also I just tried to assign PS 2017 in the Additional External Editor section and I get this warning box.

Additional editor.PNG

I click the Use Anyway button and it goes through. Then when I right click I get this.

Edit In PS-exe.png

When I select that PS opens and the images is loaded with the setting I set in LR.

Maybe make a new Preset and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am wrong.  It is supposed to ask me if I want to edit in the different color space etc.   I just say yes.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your help!!

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines