• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot export file to PDF

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export a range of pages, all works fine. When I try to export the entire document, does not work. I have tried to isolate individual pages to see if any one in particular is causing the issue and have not found any individual problems. Cn you help?

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 9.58.56 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

You could try exporting it as an IDML file, renaming it and try exporting the PDF again.

(The latest version of that edition is CC2015.4, it might be worth upgrading anyway.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 2015.1

MacOS Sierra 10.12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try exporting it as an IDML file, renaming it and try exporting the PDF again.

(The latest version of that edition is CC2015.4, it might be worth upgrading anyway.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

well, you did 99% of the job... you found what file caused problem.

You can try resaving the pdf, it usually works.

You can also convert it to image, if loosing vector information doesn't harm your design.

regards

Edit:

err...

I got it all wrong. I thought  you isolated the problem (imported pdf), I didn't pay much attention and answered too fast. you probably wondered what I was talking about.

Anyway...

Export trouble occurs quite often and are often linked to corrupted imported files, such as pdf, eps,... trying to isolate the page (s) is the right method but since it doesn't seem to be working... it reminds me a similar situation. no isolation page did work, it turned me crazy.

I finally realised I had a variable inserted in master page. Variable was linked to a para style applied on a page, that was later deleted... meaning I had a variable looking for something that didn't exist anymore. That caused export failure and no isolation would work either. Although I was able to export ranges, just like you.

Could that be the case in your document ?

By the way, what is the error detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closure of Indesign when I try to export a file

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the file with santalwa@adobe.com to investigate the issue further?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all your replies... I used Derek Cross' method to save as an IDML file and then attempted an export successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines