• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Load several video's in flash project

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm making a presentation, combining animation and movies in one project. Now i've converted the movies (made in Final Cut, several short pieces but in total 1 gb) with the encoder into flv's, but after importing them to the library, putting them into my timeline and testing the movie, it doesn't really work. With only one movie in the library and the timeline it works just fine, but I need more. After the second movie it started to give me warnings at the output (sorry translated from dutch so I hope you'll understand );connection-id 'FLVPlayback' is already assigned to symbol 'A' and can not be assigned to symbol 'B' because the connection-id has to be unique...

Maybe the way I'm handeling the project isn't the easiest/the best?! Please help

This is what I would like to achieve:

Making a swf that can play realtime as a background at a play, with some simple actions, but with several video's in good quality and some short animations, run from my own computer.. oh and it has to be finished before 19 december

btw I'm using Cs6+action script 2.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Each FLVPlayback entry in the library is set to have a linkage name, which you would need if it was using external code, or if you were using code to create a new one at run time. It seems to work ok if the linkage names are removed.

Make sure you have a copy of the FLA, in case this goes wrong, but try these steps:

In the library, click the AS Linkage column title, to make all the FLVPlayback entries be consecutive.

Select them all (click the first one, shift-click the last one).

Click the little i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thing you're making is often called a 'mashup', something that plays a sequence or media, that the user will have chosen. Here's a video ad for one I made a few years ago (it's not online anymore):

MiXiT Video Creator | Cartoon Network - YouTube

You said that you imported the FLVs to the library, but that isn't what usually would happen. Unless maybe you had imported video into the timeline of several movieclips. All of those have to live in memory at the same time, you should think about leaving the FLVs as external files, and just change the source value of the FLVPlayback to go to another video. That's what my mashup tools do.

To figure out how to fix what you have done so far might need me to look at the FLA, if you can put that online somewhere I could see what is causing the error. But, do try to rethink your approach, to use external files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin, thanks for your answer:)

The video files were imported through import video file, they end up automatically on my timeline and also in my library. I never worked with video's before in my animation and also it has been 10 years ago sinds I last used flash (mx), so it comes back slowly... I don't have webspace, maybe I can use wetransfer?

I could try the other approach, but I do't know if it's possible without putting something on internet (because action script is asking an url?), I'm not able to use internet on location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path to a video file need not be a URL. If you load "videos/video1.mp4" it would look for the file in the folder named videos, next to the swf.

You could make a zip file of the FLA and anything else needed to show the problem, and then yes, wetransfer would work well. You would reply here with the URL to the download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow the load movie action isn't loading my movie and it doesn't give a warning also... I tried it another time my old-fashioned way by importing movie. Now it miraculously works, but not just the way I want it, and it still gives me the strange warnings mentioned earlier?!

I would really like the movies to end at the end of the movie instead of making a miniloop and stop at the first frame. And some movies I do like to loop but they don't... Maybe midnight it is getting to late for me and a computer...

You can take a look at it, I think I'm almost there;)

at wetransfer it is: WeTransfer

ps the movies are in Dutch, probably it al looks weird, you're watching my colleagues playing the Nutcracker for the kids at our school:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each FLVPlayback entry in the library is set to have a linkage name, which you would need if it was using external code, or if you were using code to create a new one at run time. It seems to work ok if the linkage names are removed.

Make sure you have a copy of the FLA, in case this goes wrong, but try these steps:

In the library, click the AS Linkage column title, to make all the FLVPlayback entries be consecutive.

Select them all (click the first one, shift-click the last one).

Click the little i button at the bottom, to show Properties.

The first item in the properties is Export for ActionScript. Click the checkbox, and make sure the drop down menu is selected on No.

Click OK. You should now have no items in the library with an AS Linkage name, and you won't get those error messages in the Output window when you do a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! the warnings are gone;)

Maybe you also have a solution for my other problems? I already tried some different action scripts, but they don't work, so I must do something wrong.

1. I would like the movie to stop at the end, instead of playing it till the end and stop at de beginning.

2. I would like one movie to loop, instead of playing it till the end and stop at de beginning.

Right now (just like in the wetransferlink)

- my movies on the 'film' layer are 2 frames (they imported as one, but didn't play, so I added another frame to it and somehow they do play)

- the 'action' layer contains a on key press script (that works;)

- and the 'actions 2' layer contains underneath every movie an empty keyframe and a keyframe with the action stop ()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone? You're not only making this teacher happy, but also a lot of kids watching this next week!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh well it took me some hours to find it out myself, probably someone else would take only a minute to type?!

If you like your video not to rewind: Properties -> component parameters -> unclick the auto rewind box... tadada...

Now only my loop problem... I'll probably loop some in final cut, instead of waiting for a hint;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines