• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GoPro footage at 59.94fps (Duplicated frames)

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys

So I have been searching around the forum for a solution to my problem. But it seems like none of the possible solutions works for my particular problem so I'm starting my own discussion. Hope it's all right.

So I have this footage from a GoPro camera with a framerate of 59.94fps. But when I apply Twixtor to it I get a choppy result. I looked at the footage it self, and it looks like it has duplicated frames every second frame.

I've put the original footage inside it's own composition with Twixtor applied to it with the source input framerate. This composition has I then applied Time-remapping to inside my main timeline/composition to control the timing of my slow motion.

I have tried to interpret the footage in different ways but this doesn't seem to fix the problem...

Anyway, hope some of you lads might have a possible solution. I have wondered if it was because "night mode" was turned on at the time of shooting as I know this can cause some problems in this regard. But I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Benjamin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

If your GoPro set the shutter speed, which it does automatically, to anything less than 1/59th of a second you end up with duplicate frames. pairs of identical slices in tkme is the only option. It is also not uncommon.

To test the original footage create a new comp from selected footage then step through the timeline one frame at a time and look for duplicate frames. If you see them then the footage was shot with a slow shutter or the settings were wrong when the footage was imported through GoP

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It almost sounds like the camera created frames at 29.97, but recorded at 59.94.  That would be one way to get more light onto the imaging sensor.  But I don't know enough about the way a GoPro shoots -- this is a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your GoPro set the shutter speed, which it does automatically, to anything less than 1/59th of a second you end up with duplicate frames. pairs of identical slices in tkme is the only option. It is also not uncommon.

To test the original footage create a new comp from selected footage then step through the timeline one frame at a time and look for duplicate frames. If you see them then the footage was shot with a slow shutter or the settings were wrong when the footage was imported through GoPro Studio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Benjamin,

Did you ever solve this issue? Did any of these responses assist you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines