• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fujifilm RAF files opening as black and white in PS from LR

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen in two separate shoots, that a Fujfilm raw file, RAF, opens as a black and white image in Photoshop from Lightroom. It doesn't happen with my Canon or Nikon raw files, only Fujifilm. What's going on? If I find the image directly from the folder I put everything in, it opens in full color. Just black and white between the transfer from LR to PS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Problem solved, I think. Even though X-T2 RAF files had opened normally, for the last three or four shoots, they were opening in black and white. I deduced it was a Photoshop problem, not a Lightroom one, and I thought I'd reinstall it just in case something had become corrupted. It was then I noticed there was a new Camera Raw update. I installed that and files are opening in color now. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain exactly how you are sending the file to PS.

Look to see if you have some type of develop preset working on sending the file to PS.

Is this a image from the X-T2 that is compressed by the camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send it through the same way I send any of my other raw files, edit in Photoshop with Lightroom adjustments, and the other files open in color. The Fuji image is in color when I send it to Photoshop. It opens in black and white. It only affects the Fuji RAF files. These are raw files, no compression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Fuji camera are you using? If it is the new X-Pro 2 or the X-T2 then there is a setting in the camera to compress the RAW files.

I own a Fuji X-E2 and have never had this problem.

What version of PS are you using. I ask that because if bot LR and PS are using the same version of ACR you never get the dialog box where you have several options to chose from. If the ACR version is the same LR just send the file to PS.

Or you are sending TIFF files to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Fuji X-T2. I don't know the setting but it shouldn't make a difference in transferring a raw file to Photoshop and having it convert to black and white from color if no other files are doing that. I am using all updated versions of CC2017 and Adobe LR. I am doing nothing in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR is Built into LR. If in LR you go to the help menu and select About Adobe PS LR it will say xxxx.x Release Camera Raw x.x.

When in the Develop module you are using ACR.

Do you get a dialog box like this when you are sending a file to PS?

Edit In dialog window.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting the dialog box, I used to, but not now.  I shoot both jpg and uncompressed raw on my X-T2. Now I downloaded the card to another location and looked up the files through Bridge. The jpgs are in color, the RAF files are in black and white. I am doing client work and I need the raw files. I reset my preferences, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the camera settings (although those shouldn't be making the RAW files B&W).

This is something specific to the camera setting or your computer settings.

If you the shots you have on the card are showing B&W from the RAW files in Bridge then it is more than likely a camera setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using an X-T2 with both compressed and uncompressed raw files, and I see nothing like this problem.

From Bridge, try opening a RAF in Camera Raw - the shortcut is Ctrl R on Windows, Cmd R on Mac. Anything odd looking here? What color space is being applied - click the link at the bottom of the Camera Raw window. Is a B&W profile being applied - see Camera Raw's Camera Calibration tab. Essentially I am wondering whether a Camera Raw default is being set, and is taking preference over Lightroom's settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved, I think. Even though X-T2 RAF files had opened normally, for the last three or four shoots, they were opening in black and white. I deduced it was a Photoshop problem, not a Lightroom one, and I thought I'd reinstall it just in case something had become corrupted. It was then I noticed there was a new Camera Raw update. I installed that and files are opening in color now. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My camera raw was setting the camera to ACROS, the wonderful black and white setting.  Photoshop can emulate the camera settings in the raw conversion.  Simply change that.  On one of your installs it likely was just at the first setting, ACROS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is what happened to me, the colour space was set to Epson Grey Gamma 1.8. I have no idea how it got to this setting

when it has been on sRGB for years. I have reset but all the images that I looked in Bridge turned black and white one by one and the only way to undo this is to go to the Film simulation settings in Camera Raw and change from Acros to one of the colour settings like Velvia or Provia. I thought seleting the xmp files might get the colour back but there are no sidecar files. I would like to have my files back in colour but doing them individually is a daunting task and I would much prefer the RAW files than an over cooked film simulation.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 29, an update for camera RAW arrived on the Creative Cloud app that fixed the problem. Opened Bridge and watch my

files return to colour. Phew, what a relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the updates including ACR ver 9.10.1. These were installed two days ago. Initially the ACR produced full colour but rapidly reverted to grayscale  so it looks like something is wrong in the latest version of ACR. My problem still persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe technician has modified the colour profile  on my Photoshop CC (2017) and this has solved the problem. So I suggest that anyone still having problems with converting RAF files contact Adobe directly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm shooting in RAW with my Fuji X-T2 in standard film mode. When I bring it into Photoshop CC on my PC, photoshop is bringing it in as ACROS in B&W. This happens when I bring it through Lightroom as well. I can export from LR as a smart object, go into Camera Raw and change the camera calibration from Acros to Standard to get the color version, but I shouldn't have to do this.

I tried this on MAC and I don't have this issue. Any ideas??? It's driving me crazy.

BTW, I don't have this issue with files from my Fuji X-Pro2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem with my XT 2 RAW files. Files that were previously opened and edited in colour now open in colour when i open Bridge and then one by one turn black and white. When i went to the  workflow options in Camera Raw I found the colour space set to Epson grey, gamma 1.8. That is weird as I NEVER change this from sRGB.

When I open a folder in Bridge the Fuji Raw files turn from colour to black and white one by one. This is definately not a camera issue as these are files that have been on the computer for more than 6 months and many edited in colour.

I have been in hospital since Febuary and I don't think I have opened Photoshop since then. I opened Creative Cloud app recently to update Photoshop because I got a reminder, but otherwise it has not been used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe that this is correct answer. I have just downloaded Photoshop cc (2017), Bridge cc (2017) and the latest ACR version 9.19.1.

When I process my Fujifilm X100F RAF raw files, ACR now switches them to greyscale. I have tried reloading ACR 9.10.1 and still the problem persists. There is clearly a problem with ACR when it processes RAF files. Can anybody help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my images have turned black and white one by one including the previously coloured ones. It's disappointing there is no clear solution. I have checked the updates, changed the colour space on Camera Raw. Nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meanwhile, I found a solution that I would like to say that may also have a problem with it.

In Lightroom, at the TAB Camera Calibration, the RAF file is loaded with Profile as 'Adobe Standard'
  From the Fuji XT2 in my case, the pictures are saved, and this is from the beginning with the Profile 'Camera Provia / Standard'

Somewhere in the latest update of Adobe CameraRaw, something went wrong, so this profile can not be loaded somewhere, which means that PS and Bridge are transferred in z / w.

By loading the correct profile back in LR in the filmstrip, and after selecting the entire strip and synchronizing, the required profile will be back in order.
  When synchronizing, note that all other editing is disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines