• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions Trouble Accessing Books on New Computer

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the Adobe Digital Editions reader installed on a computer since this summer, when I needed it to receive an e-book sent to me by a publisher. Recently, I accessed a book through a university library through the ADE reader. There were some initial problems downloading the book to the reader, but it finally downloaded.  When it did, I noticed that the earlier book was labelled "Missing." 

This week, I have a new computer and am trying to access both books. Since ADE reader was not installed on my computer when I bought it, I went to the site and downloaded and installed the software. I also accessed my account, through which I purchase other Adobe products. ADE reader was not there--maybe because it is freely available and not a subscription?

Anyway, when I returned to the reader itself, neither of the books was there. Shouldn't those books be accessible to me from the Cloud somewhere. I don't recall having to register it in anyway and I have no record of User Name or Password that would go to an account. How do I access these books from ADE reader on my new computer.  Do I have to go back to the publisher and university library and access them again. Particularly concerned about the latter, as I have e-annotated the book heavily and do not want to download a new version that would erase or override the one with the notes. Please advise. OS = Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe ID is for authorize for read the eBooks. The eBooks was not save in a cloud. You muss save the file on the old device and move to the new files and then open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you save to the cloud?

How can I transfer books from one computer to another. I have the same ID in both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know how can save it on the cloud. I have save the files on my extrenal hard disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines