• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I save vector file by Adobe Capture on the phone?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a pattern which is transform by Adobe Capture app by i-Phone.

But I only can save it as jpg file on the phone.

How can I save vector file (SVG) by Adobe Capture on the phone?

I want to use it on other app but not adobe apps.

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

But things change fast, albeit patterns cannot be exported as vector, the recently released Capture 2.4 now allows to export the shapes as SVG or PDF: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-capture-cc-create-digital/id1040200189?mt=8

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned.

Although I've seen one or two requests recently for us to offer the ability to use Patterns in Draw and Ai, it's currently not possible to export Patterns as vector art or to use them in other (even Adobe) apps. Currently they can only be used as fill in Photoshop CC.

Sorry.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But things change fast, albeit patterns cannot be exported as vector, the recently released Capture 2.4 now allows to export the shapes as SVG or PDF: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-capture-cc-create-digital/id1040200189?mt=8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link takes me to the App Store. Can someone give a step-by-step process of how to export a PDF or vector file to your email? From Adobe Capture CC? So that you can open it in another application on the desktop. I am not trying to export a pattern. I am trying to export some simple typography that I captured and created a “vector“ out of. I’m desperate for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Capture, go to the SHAPES tab. Select the shape you want to export.

On the bottom of the interface, select the export button, it looks like a box with an arrow exiting from it.

Select export as.. and select either PDF or SVG. You can then select to export via mail.

The easiest is of course to get the files via creative cloud straight to your applications.

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V2.4 allowed SVG, but now it seems to be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron.

I've responded to your email through the in-app feedback.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CS6 do there are no libraries

i cave the cloud on my says laotop so can see my library but can't do anything with it 

want to use my shape files i created in photoshop but can't export it from the cloud on my iPhone or the app on my laptop

laptop only says export the library file to a library

have many files created in shape

niw I want to refine them in my PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

Without knowing what sort of editing you're wanting to do in Photoshop, your best bet would be to export your Shapes from Capture as SVGs then  open those in Photoshop.

The one thing you need to keep in mind is that Photoshop is a raster app so opening them in Photoshop will require that the vector art of the shape be rasterized. As long as you're okay with that, it should work to do it that way. 

Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're wanting to do.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

got the export as down but cc will only export or copy or anything to the library not anything outside cc

i have to select email then open the email then download then save to ps cs6

i search for cc in my ps but if it shows can't open anything

cant save to it either

have to do the save to desktop then email it and save it to my phone then from my phone gallery I can save the jpg to cc 

can't even load the files from capture shape so I can work on them without the line art image being smoothed and smoothed to mutilation even with the smooth off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems a subscription is required to save SVG files from the Capture app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines