• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URL Extension Question

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the same as you would create a catalog in Business Catalyst and add a product to it, I was wondering if you could create two pages, put a page under a parent page to create a similar link effect like a catalog does.

An example would be "www.website.com/treadmills". If treadmills were the catalog and I created a e-commerce product called "version-one" it would become "www.website.com/treadmills/version-one"

To my knowledge by clicking through each link you are awarded points from google that adds relevancy and ranking to the previous page. Could you do the same with a folder and two pages? Example below.

about-us.jpg

price-match.jpg

sitemap.jpg

Does the above method work the same as a catalog and product?

Thank you,

Gene

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Gene.

- You create a folder of the name you want it to be.

- Inside your folder you create an index.html for the main page

- You create other pages inside that folder

This gives you:

website.com/myfoldername - Goes to index.html page

website.com/myfoldername/ - Goes to index.html page

website.com/myfoldername/anotherpage - goes to your other pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Liam,

Fig.1 has pages that are in the root folder of the website(level 1). Fig.2 is how I would like my websites internal links to work. We want to push "price-match-equipment" page below the "why-fitness" page in site hierarchy(level 2). Do we create a folder in the root called "why-fitness" and assign the "price-match-equipment" page to that folder in order to promote correct internal links in Business Catalyst? Looking at it from the front end makes sense, but is it a direct link from the backend?

fig.1 would have URLS such as

www.home.com/price-match-equipment

www.home.com/why-fitness

fig.2 is how I want to structure the site by adding a folder(why-fitness) in the root folder with the same name as the page

www.home.com/why-fitness

www.home.com/why-fitness/price-match-equipment

Example.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know its always better to keep it closer to the root anyway. No reason you need the above but if you do you just need to do exactly what I said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines