Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make a curtain effect similliar to this

:

I kinda got close but I dont know how to make the shading

ddfbendnan.png

I even got it moving so the shading is the only thing left. I found a way but it uses Audio Spectrum and it moves too much, also cant limit it prorerly.ui.u..png

is there a way I could Remake the one with Audio spectrum but so I can manipulate it fully?

I used a cupple of mirrors, Vector Blur with Direction Fading.

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

You create the gradient and all its fancies in a sub-composition and then use that sub-comp as a layer in the main comp where you apply the distortion effect and arrange everything. It's really just that. I would suggest you look up a tutorial. Pre-composing is an essential fundamental principle in AE and you'll forever run into these problems if you don't get a handle on this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, you are overcomplicating this. The wings are really just some sort of graphic that wobble with a sine wave effect or similar. There's realyl no magic. Just a bit of layering, pre-composing and picking the right effects.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I you have some ideas how? Becose im lost. No idea how to do it.

I thought maybe a gradient effect?

Please let me hear your thoughts about this, I'm no professional at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You create the gradient and all its fancies in a sub-composition and then use that sub-comp as a layer in the main comp where you apply the distortion effect and arrange everything. It's really just that. I would suggest you look up a tutorial. Pre-composing is an essential fundamental principle in AE and you'll forever run into these problems if you don't get a handle on this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines