• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software Conflicts

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2008 Jul 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My conpany has recently started using IBM Rational RSA and appears to conflict with RoboHelp 7. Robohelp will only open partially and then freezes only to thows a useless error. Has any known conflicts between RoboHelp 7 and any IBM Rational software been documented?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome Michigan Wolverine!

Need more info - what is the relationship of your RoboHelp to Rational? Are you writing Help for Rational? Trying to call generated Help from within Rational? Is it the IDE part of RSA that's a problem? Are you using Rational for some type of development source control?

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have various other custom programs that I update help files for. I am not using RoboHelp in association with Rational at all. I have been using RoboHelp for several years and last year we upgraded to version 7. Have had Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest for some time on PC but after installing Rational testing tools RoboHelp became unusable and RoboHelp will not open at all. We are moving to Rational ClearCase as our Source control but I don't have RoboHelp using source control. Help files are checked out of source to files on PC which RoboHelp uses as source and creates Generated Help to a different file on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello M_wolverines -

OK, RH installed first then Rational.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is Java. Sounds like Rational set a new path / installed a new version and RH is either lost or unhappy with the version. Check your OS environment variables, etc.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp