• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I replace my OS/Program hard drive and install my CS5.5 then upgrade to 6?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS/Program hard drive died and I have to replace at least one hard drive.  After looking at the ssd vs raid thread, I'm thinking of replacing my 2 raid0 volumes with a single ssd. Then just adding a 4tb drive for backup. This is for running PProCS6.  I'd like to know how to deactivate my current CS6 (that was free upgraded from 5.5) and get it loaded back in the came computer with at least a new OS/Program SSD.  I've got the discs for CS5.5 Master Collection and the disc for Win7x64pro.  Win 10 was forced fed to my computer without my consent and I've been using it for a while.  I'm not really sure if I should stay with Win10, or Win7.  I'm not interested in buying any new Cloud version of this software in the near future.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

First, go here and use the chat option.  Make sure to say that you only want to reset your activations due to a hard drive failure:

Contact Customer Care

Then download and install CS6 applications from here:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

You will be asked for your CS6 serial number and then for your CS5.5 serial number since it is an upgrade from CS5.5.

For help finding your serial numbers:

Find your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, go here and use the chat option.  Make sure to say that you only want to reset your activations due to a hard drive failure:

Contact Customer Care

Then download and install CS6 applications from here:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

You will be asked for your CS6 serial number and then for your CS5.5 serial number since it is an upgrade from CS5.5.

For help finding your serial numbers:

Find your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I don't have to install 5.5 first?

Then the upgrade?

Any words of wisdom on win7 and 10

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James G Maker wrote:

So I don't have to install 5.5 first?

No, you don't.

Any words of wisdom on win7 and 10

I'm still on W7 with CC 2017  and CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Any words of wisdom on win7 and 10

MANY reports of problems with Win10 and old programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got to pick up a Samsung 850 evo or pro to replace the Samsung 320 standard hard drive today.  I built this NLE tower back in 2011 soon after the sandy bridge.  It seemed to be a popular bang for the buck setup.

i7-2600k

ASUS p8p67pro

gtx560ti

16g ram

320 HDD os/programs

2x1tb in raid0 for media&projects

2x1tb in raid0 for exports

The system ran very well for my needs till just recently.

But.....

I wish I had kept up on this forum to keep up on the updates that those here have done to similar systems. Along with the tips and troubles.  It seems like my raid0 volumes are going the way of the dinosaur.

I hope to install the new SSD today and get the OS & CS6running today plugging it into the same port on the MB. it's only 3G.

Do I need to change anything in the Intel Rapid Storage screen that comes up during boot before the UEFI Bios?

Do I need to change anything in the bios before swapping out the C: drives?

I'm hoping to get it running and verify I have everything saved from my raid0 drives then maybe in a few weeks I'll rip out the raid0 volumes and replace them with a Samsung 850 or 950 and a single 4tb standard HDD for backup.  Then I'm sure I'll run into IntelRapidStorage and Bios adjustments.  At this time I'd like to change the plug location for the C:os new drive to one of the 6G sata connections as well as the new 850 to a 6G as well.

Would swapping the plug from 3G to 6G on the new SSD that had the OS & programs cause problems like having to start over?

Thanks again for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines