• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

just moved my photos to EHD -- LR now painfully slow

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Moving my raw files to an external hard drive seemed prudent for lots of reasons, but now LR in develop mode is crazy slow.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What functions/tasks in the develop module are slow? Please be very detailed in your answer.

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Go to Help->System Info and state the version number of Lightroom shown there.

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your operating system.

Please describe the exact sequence of steps you followed to move the photos to the external HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version CC 2015.7.

Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.

As far as what's slow in develop...everything? I hit a preset and it takes several seconds for the preset to take hold. Or I slide the tint slider and the adjustment doesn't show up on screen for several seconds. Those are just two examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences, click on the Performance tab, and then uncheck the box. Is the problem gone or improved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two boxes in my performance tab (see screen grab attached), and both were already unchecked. Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 12.11.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you perform this move. Please describe the steps you followed in enough detail so I can understand each step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I follow. I opened preferences, went to the tab you advised, and ascertained that the boxes weren't checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe the exact sequence of steps you followed to move the photos to the external HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Well, I literally dragged and dropped the photos from my Mac over the the external drive. Did some folder rearrangement in the EHD, which I then reconnected to my LR (since it couldn't find the pictures after I moved them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, sorry to say that I don't see any reason why Lightroom should be slow given that all you did was move the photos to a different disk. Were there any other changes made to your Lightroom or to your computer at approximately the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not that I can think of, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version CC 2015.7.

Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.

As far as what's slow in develop...everything? I hit a preset and it takes several seconds for the preset to take hold. Or I slide the tint slider and the adjustment doesn't show up on screen for several seconds. Those are just two examples. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines