Exit

Cutscene

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm making a game in Adobe Flash Professional CS6 using Actionscript 2.0

I want to make an simple cutscene, I've already animated the cutscene.

But when the cutscene plays it just plays in a loop.

Can anyone help me to make the cutscene (frame 9) go to the game (frame 2) when it stopped playing?

What I want is Starting screen (frame 1) -> Cutscene (frame 9) -> Game (frame 2).

Does anyone know the code?

I haven't used flash a lot so I'm kind of a noob so please don't assume that i know every term and every code.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks for your advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm.... gotoAndStop(2)?

At the risk of seeming snarky, the timeline control commands are the absolute lowest level of scripting in Flash. Those are the commands people learn before they learn anything else. If you haven't even learned those yet, I can't imagine how you're planning on creating an entire game.

Five steps to learning Flash Professional | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it sounds stupid but i actually already have almost the whole game, its just this one code i don't know or can't find, i tried some codes but they all did the wrong thing. i want to make the whole animation inside 1 frame but i will centrainly look at the link you send and see if i can find my answer there. I'd have an alternative option but that will be really messy and i know there is an easier way, that's why i posted this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i use the code:

onClipEvent (Enterframe / Load) {

gotoAndStop(2);

}

It loads the 2nd frame inside the frame but I need it to load the 2nd frame outside the frame (in scene 1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as frame-in-a-frame in Flash. Are you talking about movieclips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's what i mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines