• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crazy!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.....I am trying to render out a large file (44,444 frames)

the piece is 30 minutes long.....originally I rendered it in AE.  Took 20 hours.

Then I made some fixes/changes.  Took 28 hours to render.

Then I made some more fixes.  I stopped it, because it was forecasting 40 hours to go after already rendering for 15 hours.

Now I am rendering through Media Encoder.

Time to render keeps creeping up.  After 30 minutes it is up to a projected (and steadily growing) 25 hours.

I am using some effects (twirling globe, water turbulence).  It is admittedly content heavy.  But slowing down to one frame

every 40 seconds.....that is CRAZY!

Please help......

Thank you in advance,

Claudia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

I have occasionally had renders take seven or eight minutes a frame. Depending on what you're doing it may not be unusual. What is unusual is to render a 30 minute video in After Effects unless your name is Andy Warhol. Only the old folks will see the humor in that sentence.

AE is for making shots, a NLE is for editing. If I were to ever have a project that was 30 minutes long that must be rendered in After Effects I would render a digital intermediate using an image sequence so if I needed to ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the piece is 30 minutes long.....originally I rendered it in AE.  Took 20 hours.

this does sound crazy but let me ask you this. do you have an effect that is affecting the whole 30 minutes in their entirety that cannot be reproduced in NLE software by a simple setup. because rendering that long gives a warning sign that doing this in Ae is inefficient. a wise man once said "Ae is for creating shots, not editing movies" so if you are by any chance trying to edit your movie in Ae - stop. take just the parts you need to Ae and returned them back to Premiere via lossless codec and be done with it in Premiere in far less time.

if this is not the case give us more information about what you have there, maybe we can offer a proper workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have occasionally had renders take seven or eight minutes a frame. Depending on what you're doing it may not be unusual. What is unusual is to render a 30 minute video in After Effects unless your name is Andy Warhol. Only the old folks will see the humor in that sentence.

AE is for making shots, a NLE is for editing. If I were to ever have a project that was 30 minutes long that must be rendered in After Effects I would render a digital intermediate using an image sequence so if I needed to change frame 927 through 1015 I could just re-render those frames. And less you are changing everything in the comp there is no reason whatsoever to re-render the entire thing. Trim the comp to the things you fixed, render out the pieces and then edit them in an NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Rick.....For some reason I have never used an NLE!  so here we go......great advice.....and so appreciated......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!  I am learning learning learning.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But slowing down to one frame every 40 seconds.....that is CRAZY!

There's nothing crazy. Effects processing takes time as does decoding ands re-encoding the footage.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PROBLEM Solved

turned out it was a couple of things:  the internal HD on my Mac Pro was FULL

the external HD I was using was corrupt and broke after I finished rendering everything on to it.....after using it for just a week!

and the preferences in AE needed a tweek.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines