• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost images-what file is the thumbnail referencing?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While taking a family sabbatical to Europe, my camera bag as well as my hard drive was stolen. The last two months of photos that I had taken of our family were on that hard drive. I realize it was my own fault for not backing up online as I always do when I'm at home, but I'm looking for any other options for accessing the preview file. I'm wondering if there is any sort of file that can be used (even low res) to print from through Lightroom. It does show a preview of the image (with an image not found label), so it's has the file info in some sort of form. Can that be accessed??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

You can extract the low resolution previews and do whatever you want with them. I'm not sure that you will get a very good print, but it depends on a lot of things.

Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Extract Cached Image Previews” Lightroom Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can extract the low resolution previews and do whatever you want with them. I'm not sure that you will get a very good print, but it depends on a lot of things.

Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Extract Cached Image Previews” Lightroom Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This is working for some of the images which is amazing. I'm wondering why some of the extracted previews are large and some are small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The size of the preview is based on the previous needs of Lightroom. For example, if you never viewed a given image at 1:1 zoom, that preview size was never created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines