Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 Causing issues with AIGPUsniffer Interface

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have searched through the forum for an answer regarding the AIGPUsniffer and from previous threads see that most comment saying it is a bug in illustrator that doesn't close. However I have not had this issue until I recently to the plunge to update to the latest CC2017. Since doing so every time I open any program from InDesign to Photoshop to Illustrator I keep getting mass AIGPUsniffers starting which are draining my cpu!. Each one is using 47% average of my cpu (Inter Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz 6th gen) which to me seems crazy high for the tasks I'm doing? Is this correct or a bug and lastly when I close all CC programs the AIGPUsniffer continues to run in the background with the same usage even though no adobe program is running? is there a way to stop this or should I just end task when finished with a adobe program?

Best

E

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Thanks, that's really helpful - just tried it and it seems to have worked! Good temporary solution until Adobe fixes this issue.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve it is Windows 10 Home 64bit,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, Also regarding this I can see in previous threads that some say it is related the graphics card GPU enhancement in certain programs that this runs to see. However upon looking in my illustrator preference editor it currently states "no compatible GPU found" however I find this odd as my GPU is compatible according to Adobe being it is a Nvidia GTX960m? this could be a whole other issue but maybe it is related to it not finding my GPU properly could this cause this effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU feature only kicks in on a Macintosh, and only if you have a Retina Display. The feature is still in development and isn't available for Windows computers yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Each time InDesign or Illustrator is started, another instance of AIGPUSniffer Interface opens that will not close (on its own) and takes lots of CPU resources. Windows 10 machine as well. This problem began with the 2017 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Every time I run InDesign 2017, I get an instance of AIGPUsniiffer running and eating up CPU processes.  I have to kill it in the Task Manager after I am done running the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that I can remove "aigpusniffer.exe" from InDesign installation folder. Sumit Garg at Adobe tells me by email: "removal of this file will NOT impact any InDesign functionality." Sure enough, I've found this to be an effective solution. Mine was located here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's really helpful - just tried it and it seems to have worked! Good temporary solution until Adobe fixes this issue.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I had a remote session with adobe regarding this issue. The AIGPUSniffer is the tool used to send info of your GPU card to the program. I had this issue with Illustrator. The process is started when launching the app, and should quit after it sends the hardware info. But the process fails to send the info, and remains active. If you launch the program a 2nd time, a new AIGPUSniffer process is started which hangs as well. Adobe identified it to be an issue with my NVIDIA card. I have an NVIDIA GeForce 950M. We downgraded the driver to an older version, and now it is working as it should be. The latest working driver for me is version 368.81.

It is true that InDesign will work, but you will not be using your GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that update. I have the 960M with the same situation. Reverting to an antiquated driver (9 versions ago!) also solved this problem but created another non-Adobe related problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines