• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download books

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am unable to download books to Adobe Digital Editions.  This is a new problem,  I have been downloading for years.  I am receiving the following message:  Error getting License.  License server communication problem.

Problem:  E_ACT_NOT_READY

When I check Authorization Information it says " This Computer is Already Authorized".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and tried to erase authorization on ADE but it won' t erase , says to try later. These were suggestions I found in google search but nothing has worked. I have left a message for my library to call me but haven't heard back yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 2.0 and was experiencing problems downloading due to error messages. The library told me to uninstall ADE 2.0 and install ADE 4.5 which I did.  In addition to having communication/licensing/etc. problems a new one surfaced - when I tried to download everything would go into  Adobe Acrobat instead of ADE.  I use Overdrive the old fashioned way - on my laptop - with my Nook connected via USB. It's not uncommon to have licensing errors from time to time but I couldn't return or download anything.  Now -- to download one program and have it default to another makes no sense.  I was on the phone and chatting with Geek Squad for hours and they couldn't fix the problem.  I have half a dozen books waiting for me to read - some that I've waited months for.  The library's generic fix was to update the software-  which  of course added additional problem.  Not sure what to do.  How can you install ADE and have Acrobat Reader open? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it!  Have spent hours with the techs but finally got it right and back to the ADE default. .  Once getting the default back to ADE I took the advice here and de-authorized ADE and then Re-authorized it using an Adobe ID.  Finally. Good luck everyone.  There is apparently a bug or two in the new programs but don't give up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Mac and borrowing from a Canadian library and this is what finally worked for me:

I uninstalled ADE v 4.5. It took several attempts to install ADE v 3. Each time it showed the installation was successful but my computer couldn't open it so I had to uninstall and reinstall version 3. Once ADE v 3 opens DON'T try to open the acsm file you have been unsuccessfully trying. Trash it. Return to your library site and click download button again for the book. A new acsm for the book will download to your computer. Double click that acsm and .... fingers crossed ... you too will have success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I did fix the problem and so everything is okay. I'm on ADE 4.5 and it had a number of bugs.  I think the library was giving generic answers - perhaps they didn't know how to fix the problem.  Thanks for your input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines