Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing minimum site width causes issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to get a site designed quickly, so of course I'm running into EVERY issue.  One of the things happening is that I realized when trying to add in some breakpoints that my site's minimum width was 960.  I want to make breakpoints at smaller sizes to create a responsive site.  So I went to File>Site Properties and changed min. width to 300.  Everything on the site moved to the right, including the column guides.  Then after painstakingly moving everything back to the center, the column guides are now tiny and in the middle of the page, as if they're restricted to the 300 width.  I'm still in the 1160 width with no breakpoints set up yet.  Not sure why this is happening.

I tried to ignore it and move forward, but I think whatever is happening is also causing major issues when I begin to make breakpoints.  After going back and forth between breakpoints a few times, I would find that in my 960 breakpoint everything had jumped to the right like it had in the beginning.  I think whatever is going on is effecting the breakpoints.  Any ideas?

Image 1: Original Master Page design

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 3.16.58 PM.png

Image 2: Original width in the Site Properties panel

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 3.17.17 PM.png

Image 3: Changed to 300 width

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 3.17.24 PM.png

Image 4: Everything jumps to the right....

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 3.17.35 PM.png

Image 5: After re-centereing, columns are all weird.

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 3.19.15 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually happens when you define min-width of your site in a fixed width layout.

Please choose fluid width layout from file >site properties and it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why this answer was marked correct.  While it may solve the issue for some, it didn't for me.  I selected fluid width layout, and then tried to change the minimum width, and I'm still getting the same exact thing that I had pictured above.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead if changing the Min width from site properties could you please try reducing the same by dragging the handles near breakpoint bar.

Screenshot_16.png

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines