Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are photos more saturated and sharper in Windows Slideshow

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do alot of photography work and edit many photos either through Lightroom or Photoshop and ive noticed that when I view my exported photos (JPG) with the native Windows (7) Photo Slideshow app everything becomes more saturated and sharper than when viewing in non-slideshow mode. Ive done alot of searching and I cannot find a reason why this is happening. In some cases I actually like the way the photos look in slideshow mode versus not and Id like to apply whatever Windows (assuming Windows is doing some kind of post-process effect on purpose) is doing to the actual photo edit in Lightroom.

Preferably like to see no change when I enter slideshow mode but that might be a limitation with Windows 7, im not sure. I would like to know whats happening though.

I currently have a Dell U2410 Ultrasharp monitor with an Nvidia 670 graphics card.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

That is because the slideshow app in windows 7 is not color managed and this monitor is a wide gamut monitor. Your probably sRGB images will appear oversaturated in non-color managed apps on that monitor. Only solution is to not use non-color managed applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is because the slideshow app in windows 7 is not color managed and this monitor is a wide gamut monitor. Your probably sRGB images will appear oversaturated in non-color managed apps on that monitor. Only solution is to not use non-color managed applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines