• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button not showing up in Interactive PDF created through InDesign CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello // Anyone had the same problem when exporting a form from Indesign CC to Interactive PDF? It is really annoying that the button, I'd setup as a submit button does not show up in the exported PDF version! // Does anybody know a workaround? //

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you export an interactive PDF? If so, what PDF reader are you using?

Screenshots might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob // Why doesn't the PDF exported from Indesign work directly in Acrobat Reader? // It is surely a tedious business having to correct everything in Acrobat DC... // And the PDF doesn't work at all in Preview ;-( // At least not on my macs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the files or knowing your complete workflow I have no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... It now showed that the form also didn't work in any browser on osSierra // I now got it working but only in Reader...

I'm a bit frustrated 'cause my client want it working from a webpage... // What to do?

c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re expecting it to work anywhere but Reader/Acrobat you’re going to be sorely disappointed.

If you need a form that works in a browser look at Google Forms. You might want to give this a read, too:

http://boblevine.us/its-okay-to-say-no-to-interactive-pdf/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Bob // I really appreciate your help 😉 // I'm thinking about making a HTML-form instead and putting it on my own server // Before I go about it, is it savvy to do it this way? //

c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure. There are a lot of ways to create an HTML form for a website.

Bottomline is this: If your form needs to work in a browser, PDF is probably the worst choice you can make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a workaround:

1. I layout the form in Indesign.
  2. Then I open the exported file in Acrobat DC
  3. Then I add the final functionality in Acrobat DC
  4. And Voila: Everything works fine.

One advice: Don't open the file in Preview, as it probably holds the problems???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines