• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

erasing authorization

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to erase authorization I get a error message saying please try some time later. This has been going on for 24 hours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would love to hear from you on what they determine the issue is.  I too have worked with this for over two weeks, without resoluion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who you are....but my sincere thanks.   My Ereader is akin to a cigarette to a smoker.  it is my CONSTANT companion, and I am lost without it.  I have spent several sleepless nights because I could not download to my reader.  You have SOLVED my problem, with a few key strokes and I am DELIGHTED beyond....my extreme thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, David.     You are more than welcome.  I get lots of information from various forums and feel if I can help somebody else, I ought to pass it on.     I can't live without my e-reader, either.Best wishes, and thanks for a very nice note.

[personal information removed by Moderator]

Sent: Friday, December 9, 2016 4:46 PM

Subject:  erasing authorization

erasing authorization

created by Davidsly in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussionI don't know who you are....but my sincere thanks.   My Ereader is akin to a cigarette to a smoker.  it is my CONSTANT companion, and I am lost without it.  I have spent several sleepless nights because I could not download to my reader.  You have SOLVED my problem, with a few key strokes and I am DELIGHTED beyond....my extreme thanks!!! If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9192413#9192413 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9192413#9192413 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry spoke too soon.  I did manage to download books ...three actually.  They are on the kobo, but it now says....This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management, and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign in with the authorized Adobe ID and try Again?????   what does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.   ADR mgt. is a copyright protection code that protects people from borrowing library books and keeping them forever (for example).  You might try de-authorizing and re-authorizing again to see if that helps.  If you purchased a book from Kobo, that's a different problem.  I used to have a Kobo, but here in the US it's hard to get any customer support from that company, so I went back to Nook.  If you can get help from them, that might solve your problem.

I've tried calling my public library but it's a waste of time, as the technical issues are too idiosyncratic.  And as for Adobe, they have no interest in supporting a product that is free. 

On the ADR code, sometimes you can return the book and then download again.  That worked for me, ONCE.

Sent: Friday, December 9, 2016 4:45 PM

erasing authorization

created by Davidsly in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussionsorry spoke too soon.  I did manage to download books ...three actually.  They are on the kobo, but it now says....This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management, and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign in with the authorized Adobe ID and try Again?????   what does that mean? If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9192418#9192418 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9192418#9192418 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct Adobe has no interest in helping.  Kobo pushes you off to Adobe...it is a wonderful circle.   I will try your suggestions of authorizing and deauthorizing and see if that resolves.   Before buying these products you assume that there will be support.  Perhaps that is why most of my friends use Kindle as it is Amazon supported both in the US and Canada.  I am also going to try a different library to see if that helps.  Your support is greatly appreciated, otherwise I would feel like a timber in the woods....not heard when falling!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem although steps are not wxactly right when working in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I thought of that, but I'm only running 8.1, and must be one of those dinosaurs, because my old laptop still has WinXP (may it live forever!).

If you can enter your Win10 tweak to the forum, hope you will do so.  Sooner or later I'll get stuck with that OS.

Sent: Friday, December 9, 2016 5:24 PM

erasing authorization

created by dongage1626 in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussionThis solved my problem although steps are not wxactly right when working in Windows 10 If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9192584#9192584 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9192584#9192584 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Adobe Digital Editions by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any clue how to erase authorization on an iMac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines