Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse wheel slower than arrow keys in Loupe view

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Library mode, Loupe view, I can use the arrow keys of my keyboard to go to next or previous picture. I also have the option to use the mouse wheel to do the same. Unfortunately, when I use the mouse wheel, pictures are slower to display: they are first pixelated, then after half a second, they are displayed correctly. On the other hand, with the arrow keys, they are instantly displayed correctly.

I have an SSD drive with a discrete Nvidia graphic card, and Windows 10 OS.

How can I get the same behavior with my mouse wheel?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How strange!  I have never noticed this, but it's true on my machine too. 

Even when the preview already exists, scrolling back and forth in loupe view is faster with the left and right arrow keys than with the mouse wheel.  As you described, with the mouse wheel, the image takes half a second or so to render, first displaying a low-res version. Moving through images with the left and right arrows results in the image rendering virtually instantly. 

I'm using Win 10 64-bit, an i7-6700K, NVidia GTX950 graphics card and a Samsung 950 Pro for the C drive, LR catalog, raw cache and previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment.

At least I know I'm not alone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone indeed, i get the same thing and it's frustrating. Anyone knows how to fix that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now (same system as I posted above, but with Lightroom 7.5) the problem doesn't occur for me.  Scrolling with mouse or arrow keys in Library is equally fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines