Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile Full resolution export from synced folder

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone,

I'm using LR Mobile on my iPAd pro with my Desktop Lightroom. Usually when I have a work with a lot of images I'm using the desktop version because the space.

If I using the mobile version probably I have got only the preview images to work with them.

I making the setup and it will be syncronised with the desktop version. Its ok. But there are situations when I need the images in full resolution on my iPad. So I need to export the edited images from Lightroom.

Is there any solution to export full resolution images to my iPad from syncronized folder ?   (without any remote desktop software)

If its problem because it would be a lot of space on the server, then maybe should be a solution that, when the source is available (in this case, my desktop Mac), I could export the image in full resolution to my iPad.

Or another version, to remote my Desktop LR from my Mobile LR to export the images in to a DropBox folder. I think it would be a very good tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

your best bet would probably be to upload the high res you need in the cloud to the relevant collections through Adobe Photoshop Lightroom this should overwrite the Smarts with the Originals. Maybe test it on one first (I guess also that it will also sync the high res back to the From LR Mobile Folder in LR Desktop?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reed's advice is correct.  The original large resolution images need to be uploaded to the cloud for LR Mobile to be able to access them.  LR Desktop is uploading smart previews, not the original images. 

To upload the original images, import the images again using Lightroom Web (lightroom.adobe.com) or LR Mobile.

Hope this helps a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Out of interest Charlie, is the syncing clever enough to realise there is already a High Res on the Desktop computer and not sync it back?

Or regardless will it just sync back a duplicate to the 'From LR Mobile' folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines