• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR brush is an "X" not a circle

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer and installed LR and PS.  The problem happens in BOTH programs.  In LR the adjustment brush shows up as sort of an "X" and not a circle.  I took a picture with my phone of my desktop screen to show it.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've checked with 3 different mice.  I've restarted my computer.  The caps lock isn't on.

What on earth is wrong?!?!?!?!??!

15443029_10157945985815613_3752665309395049514_o.jpgCapture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

I’d guess a video driver issue since it’s a new computer.  First update the video driver from the video-card manufacturer website if possible

You can turn off Graphics Acceleration or Graphics Processor in Preferences / Performance in LR and in the CR plug-in for PS and see if the issue resolves.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d guess a video driver issue since it’s a new computer.  First update the video driver from the video-card manufacturer website if possible

You can turn off Graphics Acceleration or Graphics Processor in Preferences / Performance in LR and in the CR plug-in for PS and see if the issue resolves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some odd reason, on my computer in Photoshop, I have to use the Caps Lock key to get the circle to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set it to be "high precision" in Preferences as well, but the caps-lock way is the way to do it temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  For months I've been stumped over why my computer was backwards.  Now it is normal.  The OP has not returned.  I hope he/she has found the fix for his/her issue too!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines