• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting in SD. Does that change Project to SD? (Newbie)

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

Sorry to ask a simple question but I want to be clear.

I am creating a Project which is largely built out of HD camera clips.I set the preferences to 1080p 30fps

After completing editing I saved the Project.

I then exported two versions, both using SD.

My question is :

When I return to export more versions (including HD versions) will it export in genuine HD quality - or does the fact I exported the project in SD now mean that the project which was HD is now SD quality ?

I think from reading that the answer is no, and the Project remains in HD, but the exports can be any chosen quality.  But I am not sure..

Thanks in advance for any clarity.

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you output from the project doesn't affect the project or the original footage.

You can come back to your HD project at any time and output an HD file from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve.

I can relax now. 🙂

Because the priginal clips are poor, I am trying to keep the quality up, but I dont know if there are any settings that would keep the project as high quality as possible.

It seems that creating a Project has no effect at all on the clips.  But are there any? Or is it all dependendent on exporting it as 4k, HD or whatever?

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The original clips are unaffected.  The export will always be a lower quality than the original clips, however the export format chosen will determine how much less quality.  Some export settings may not result in noticeable differences, depending upon how it is viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines