• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you export an image in progressive jpeg format?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Export As dialogue in Photoshop CC 2017 how do you export an image as a progressive JPEG file format?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

(Not Export), File > Save As, select JPG from the Format drop-down menu, tick Progressive in the subsequent dialogue box.

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 18.39.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Not Export), File > Save As, select JPG from the Format drop-down menu, tick Progressive in the subsequent dialogue box.

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 18.39.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I must be doing something wrong - when I use File>Save As I get the following dialogue:-

No file optimisation options here? What version of Photoshop CC are you using - this is the 2017 windows version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Derek means is that as soon as you click the Save button in your screenshot, you'll get the following dialog that shows in Derek's post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I hadn't actually tried the save ... Now I see what you mean.

So in summary I can't use Export As if I want progressive JPEG so now looks like a two stage process. I  know I could use Save for Web but I expect that is going to disappear soon as a legacy feature....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. This doesn't make sense from a web development perspective. Adobe's been pushing us to use Export As as the replacement for Save for Web, but it doesn't have Progressive as an option. This doesn't make a lot of sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use Save for web (under File > Export) which has a checkbox for Progressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines