• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crop tool

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it hard to use this tool,  when I press R to bring up the crop tool that works but when I start to draw the tool it starts to double the size of the image I'm working on to 200%  .  The second issue is that it will not create the square box to the size I want ..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

In Lightroom, you do not "draw" the crop.  When you hit R, the crop is already there either on the edges of the original image or as last set by you.  You simply move the crop handles as you like, or place the curser inside the crop where it turns to a hand; you can then move the image inside the crop.

There is no "Size" in Lightroom Develop Module.  Just set the crop to 1 x 1 and move the crop to where you want it.  Image size is set in the Export function.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, you do not "draw" the crop.  When you hit R, the crop is already there either on the edges of the original image or as last set by you.  You simply move the crop handles as you like, or place the curser inside the crop where it turns to a hand; you can then move the image inside the crop.

There is no "Size" in Lightroom Develop Module.  Just set the crop to 1 x 1 and move the crop to where you want it.  Image size is set in the Export function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You CAN leftclick-hold and draw a crop box in Lightroom.  You DO NOT have to use the handles.  You just have to use the ASPECT tool which is automatically activated the first time you use crop but must be manually activated if you activate crop a second time on the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines