Copied

When I open After Effects. this message pops up;

adobe-ae-problem.png

could anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a horrible update. Mine crashes as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...the 2017 AE and Premiere release is a tad buggy. Adobe is working to fix these things in an upcoming update. Hopefully we will see something soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if you are getting the exception error while AE is initializing the MediaCore... While we would need more information about your install etc--errors like this have been known to be cause by third party plugins, corrupted plugin installs, import modules...just to name a few. Even though the following link is for earlier versions--it is good info to start troubleshooting:

After Effects or Premiere Pro crashes after starting

Also, if you upgraded over a previous install or have other versions of AE installed--there are some issues that can happen as well. Various Quicktime versions and quicktime based plugins have caused this error in the past. Please try the link and get back to us on any issues you are continuing to have. Thank you and good luck!

PS: I forgot to add that I've had almost this exact same exception error the running through info on the link above seemed to fix my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that I won't have to do a clean wipe of my PC because a whole bunch of other programs outside of Adobe don't work either so maybe it is something else that is affecting my programs. I did get a multi-port USB 3.0 adapter as well as a laptop cooling pad that hooks up via USB. So maybe that could be it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GRichardson,

Did you ever solve this issue?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines