Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse 'Mark When Read'

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to make a fairly basic site for my dissertation. The idea is that one the main page there is a series of basic circles. Clicking on each circle takes you to a different part of the essay. I was just wondering if there was any way to colour the circles a different colour when they have been clicked on - so that when you return to the main navigation page you can see what links you have already read?

Thanks,

Jonny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

I am not sitting in front of my computer to test it, but this should work:

• Don't use a circle element for creating the hyperlink circles, but an accordingly sized bullet glyph ("•") of a standard font or web font.

• Now create a new link style (Site Properties/Content) and assign a colour of your choice to the parameter "Visited".

• Assign the newly created link style to the bullet by selecting it and clicking onto the word "Hyperlinks" in the upper control strip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Don't use a circle element for creating the hyperlink circles, but an accordingly sized bullet glyph ("•") of a standard font or web font.

• Now create a new link style (Site Properties/Content) and assign a colour of your choice to the parameter "Visited".

• Assign the newly created link style to the bullet by selecting it and clicking onto the word "Hyperlinks" in the upper control strip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, Mac. For some reason Muse treats glyphs differently and they don't take on the hyperlink style properties.

David

mac_heibu wrote:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it does work but you have to select the glyph text, it won't work if you only have the text frame selected. If you have applied the link to the frame, click the cross at the end of the hyperlink item in the control strip to delete the link, otherwise it takes precedence over the link on the text.

Here's a quick example page

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text hyperlinks are the only way to do this natively within Muse. To have the same functionality for graphic elements, it would need to be coded in JavaScript and, to work properly, it would require cookies to be set to remember the read pages on subsequent returns to the site.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much guys! This works perfectly and I can even do things like increase the size of the circle on rollover (Via. font size) which I was struggling to do before with the regular shape tool. I would of never figured this out on my own ... muse has some very obscure ways of letting you do certain things!

Thanks again!!!

Jonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"muse has some very obscure ways of letting you do certain things!"

These "obscure ways" are called "creativity"! It’s so much better to achive solutions by using and combining existing features, than flooding the application with buttons, switches, commands and dialogs.

Less buttons, more creativity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines