• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I do this Poster for my Print Design class?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm STILL confused! For me these directions aren't clear, I'm a beginner (dummy) to adobe and graphic design. I just want a career making labels, logos, cute t-shirts and hoodies.

Read:

Pages 14-29 in Graphic Design School

Assignment 2.1 (post to discussion board)
We start the “mePoster” project this week. Please be sure to read and understand the project before you continue with this assignment. Details on the project can be found in the Projects section.

For this assignment (2.1), start thinking about the information in this week’s reading assignment. How might you apply what you've learned to your mePoster? Explain and be sure to refer to your reading assignment (that means you should make reference to the reading assignment in your post).

Projects section: lateral thinking + observational drawing / creative brief
Start a creative brief for yourself on your mePoster. You’ll find the GD 220 Creative Brief :: mePoster document in the Course Documents section. Utilize lateral thinking and observational drawing to add depth to your brief. You may use mind maps (spider diagram) or other forms of brainstorming. As you think of the elements or different aspects of you, do some observational drawings to understand the idea better. You won’t use these drawings in your final poster but you’ll be a better designer because of them.

mePoster: creative brief (post to discussion board / show in class)
Start a creative brief for yourself on your mePoster. You’ll find the GD 220 Creative Brief :: mePoster document in the Projects section. Utilize lateral thinking and observational drawing to add depth to your brief. You may use mind maps (spider diagram) or other forms of brainstorming. As you think of the elements or different aspects of you, do some observational drawings to understand the idea better. You won’t use these drawings in your final poster but you’ll be a better designer because of them.

mePoster Creative Brief

Background Summary: Who is the client? What is the product or service? What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (or SWOTs) involved with this product or service? Are there existing research, reports and other documents that help you understand the situation?
Overview: What is the project? What are we designing and why? Why do we need this project? What’s the opportunity?
Drivers: What is our goal for this project? What are we trying to achieve? What is the purpose of our work? What are our top three objectives?
Audience: Who are we talking to? What do they think of us? Why should they care? What specifics can you identify?
Tone: How should we be communicating? What adjectives describe the feeling or approach? What do we want them to think and feel? How will this project help to achieve this goal? What are some specific visual goals the project should convey?
Message: What are we saying with this piece exactly? Are the words already developed or do we need to develop them? What do we want audiences to take away?
Visuals: Are we developing new images or picking up existing ones? If we are creating them, who/what/where are we photographing or illustrating? And why?
Details: Any mandatory information that must be included? List of deliverables? Preconceived ideas? Format parameters? Limitations and restrictions? Timeline, schedule, budget?
Targeted Message: State a single-minded word or phrase will appropriately describe the solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a forum to help people with InDesign questions.

This posting seems inappropriate. The questions you're asking should be directed to the instructor at your college.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, this assignment is old. I've asked instructor questions about it. I'm getting help because I still don't understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines