• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi I bought premier elements 15 but my system can only take 13. Is 13 included with 15 and how do I install it without buying it again?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I inatall premiere elements 13 I have 15?

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 15 and version 13 are two different versions. So, no, version 13 is not included with version 15.

On the other hand, it's unlikely you can run version 13 but not version 15. The system requirements are identical.

What operating system do you have and what processor are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve I have windows 8 and I'm not sure what processed. premiere 15 wouldn't install so I tried a trial 13 and it seems to run fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make some changes.  You can't buy an activation code for 13.  It is out of date.  It will only run in the trial mode for a few days.  You should uninstall 13 completely.  Then install 15 and use the activation code/serial number that you paid for.  If you don't, you will not be editing video!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would rather have premiere 15 but it would not install on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It installs on thousands, maybe more, mine included.  For other users to help, you have to provide a lot of detail.  So far, you've provided nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bill that version 15 should install on Windows 8.1.

I assume you've manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have all of the Windows 8.1 updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to update windows 8 windows wants me to buy windows 10. I bought premiere 15 I'm trying to install it right now and I'm sure it's going to stall at about 60%. to the guy that said I'm giving you no information I don't know what to tell you. I'm obviously no computer tech somebody told me to buy this program to edit my family videos and at this rate I may just go back to vhf recorder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it stalls at 60%, there is something wrong and it is probably with your computer.  The trick is figuring it out.  I'm sorry you are frustrated. 

I've never had to do it, but some have reported success with solving installation problems by using Adobe Customer Support.  This is a volunteer user forum, not customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What processor do you have with how much RAM? How much, free, clean defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

apologies for the inconvenience caused, please check when you are installing there are no windows update running in background.

i would suggest you to restart your computer and try installing , if it still fails , please send me logs using below mentioned tool to aksagarw@adobe.com

Log Collector Tool

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines