Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ways to stop Alt key from resizing page view

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Indesign users/experts.

I recently upgraded to using Indesign CS6 (running on OS X Yosemite on a Macbook Pro). Now I find that whenever I press on the Alt button (for example, using Shift + Alt to select, and duplicate-drag items) my page view shrinks dramatically in size, which is extremely annoying whenever I am working quickly under pressure.  I cannot seem to find any way of stopping this happening in keyboard shortcuts. Any suggestions, or is it ‘locked in’ to this version of Indesign? Thanks in advance for any help, S

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the hand tool selected by some chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, thanks for replying. No I am definitely just holding down Shift + Alt - have done it a hundred times recently. It seem that any keyboard combination that I perform involving the alt ket makes this page resize happen. Maybe I just need to trash Indesign prefs and see if that clears it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to duplicate this in CS6. When I have the Selection tool (the black arrow) and I Sh+Alt click on two items, and then drag my mouse, they duplicate.

The zooming out is associated with the Hand tool (and you can get that tool by pressing the spacebar)—just press and hold to zoom out, reposition and let go to zoom back in OR with the Zoom Tool (press Alt to get the minus in the magnifying glass) and click to zoom out.

Double check that your fingers are on the correct keys. Otherwise, I'm not sure what is going on. This is not a intended behavior for InDesign CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or any other version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BarbBinder, many thanks for your reply. As you'll see from my response to BobLevine, I have definitely not been anywhere near touching the space bar (or using the hand tool)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see that. And my response to your suggestion to trash prefs appeared above your post. Sorry about that... but I'd give that a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines