• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Camera Raw 9.8 fails to install

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use ACR for lightroom. although it does not directly tie into lightroom I use it thus I need to install it. I can explain.

When I typically install it, it jsut installs but now it just says update fails. no error msg simply update fails and to contact admin blah blah blah

when i install ACR, int he past, it helps with my LR workflow because when I right click ont he image and choose export to photoshop, it uses ACR to render that file for photoshop.

if ACR update is missing, than an annoying nag will appear every single time I go to export image to photoshop. the nag asks to update ACR otherwise LR must render the file instead of using ACR. Using ACR to render the files gives better results IMO than using LR, besides the fact the only way to remove this nag msg is to apply the ACR update.

when I update lightroom, updating ACR go hand in hand for me to remove the nag and get better export renders into photoshop.

my question is, how do I get the ACR to actually install if it just fails to update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

ok i figured it out

you cant delete the file in finder directly

you have to move it to the trash can

once in there you have to:

1. Open Terminal. It's located in /Applications/Utilities. ...
  2. Double-click the Trash icon in the Dock to reveal the contents of the Trash. ...
  3. Press the Command-A key combination to select all files in the Trash.
  4. Drag the files from the Trash to the Terminal window. ...
  5. Press Return. ...
  6. Empty the Trash.

once i did that i ran the update and it worked.

so removing that adobe file

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) is Built into LR. No need to install it for LR. If you have Photoshop CC 2017 then you need to install ACR 9.8 for that but not for LR.

You have it slightly backwards. If both LR and PS ACR version are the same then LR sends the file directly to PS with all the LR adjustments you made and the RAW file, with the RAW file extension, shows in PS. If the ACR versions are different then LR has to first Render the image and turn it into a TIFF or PSD, as per your option choice in the External Editing section of the LR preferences, and then send it to PS.

Either way LR is applying all the edits you made in LR to the file before it is sent to PS.

If you are getting an error that says something about contacting the System Admin then you have a permissions problem. The folder ACR is trying to install to does not have Write permissions for your user name. Correct that and it should install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the purpose of installing ACR is to get rid of the annoying nag everytime I export to photoshop. I've had this issue for years, across mutliple OS and systems. seems thats the way it is.

so i update ACR manually to get rid of that nag.

I am the admin to my computer, there are no other users. i can install lightroom 6.8 with no issues, that went fine

but when i try to install ACR simply says update failed. so its not a permissions issue, if one app allows install and another does not, that rules out what you say.

it has to be something else, i google the error and i see it common but i cant find solution to it.

otherwise, how to get rid of the annoying nag message that I must update ACR when i export to photoshop? only way i know is to update ACR which seems to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific version of Photoshop are you using (Help / About Photoshop, or PS / About) and what version of Camera Raw is actually installed with PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.0.0 20161012.r.53 2016/10/12:23:00:00 CL 1094006  x64

i dont know how to check for ACR version inside of PS, sorry

2016-12-11_13-12-24.jpg

this is the error msg i get when i try to update ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this works:  Mavericks and AE 12.0/12.1/12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, you can use Help / About Plug-in / Photoshop.

On a Mac I think there is maybe an Camera Raw / About or Plug-ins / Camera Raw / About. I only have a PC so I’m not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i tried this:

Hi guys, I've found a solution.

Step 1. Delete or rename the  <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

but does not fix problem.

i try to rename or delete it, it asks me for my password whcih I enter, but than nothing. it wont delete or rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok i figured it out

you cant delete the file in finder directly

you have to move it to the trash can

once in there you have to:

1. Open Terminal. It's located in /Applications/Utilities. ...
  2. Double-click the Trash icon in the Dock to reveal the contents of the Trash. ...
  3. Press the Command-A key combination to select all files in the Trash.
  4. Drag the files from the Trash to the Terminal window. ...
  5. Press Return. ...
  6. Empty the Trash.

once i did that i ran the update and it worked.

so removing that adobe file worked, so in fact it was an adobe related issue, damn adobe has so many bugs in their updates.

i will pass this along to my friends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines