when i try to import .acr files, says format not supported

anyone else have this problem?

how to get it to support my .acr files?

did adobe make a mistake in the notes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

ok i figured it out

you cant delete the file in finder directly

you have to move it to the trash can

once in there you have to:

1. Open Terminal. It's located in /Applications/Utilities. ...
  2. Double-click the Trash icon in the Dock to reveal the contents of the Trash. ...
  3. Press the Command-A key combination to select all files in the Trash.
  4. Drag the files from the Trash to the Terminal window. ...
  5. Press Return. ...
  6. Empty the Trash.

once i did that i ran the update and it worked.

so removing that adobe file

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you double-check that you have LR 6.8 / 2015.8 by opening the system information in the help menu?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.12 [1]

Application architecture: x64

no where does it say 6.8

after I updated to 6.8, when i launch LR i notice the intro graphic logo looks different, this is how i presume it did update.

no where in LR does it specifically display or show 2015.8 or 6.8, nor did previous version for that matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the .0 version of LR not the .8 version.  It should say this:  Lightroom version: CC 2015.8 [ 1099473 ]

Try downloading the .8 patch installer from here:

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried the patch installer already

it says update failed.

if i install the full trial version it installs, goes thru the whole process but when i launch LR it get a previous version. i dont know where it install the new trial version but i cant find it on my computer, very odd.

when i try to install the update i get same exact error as when i try to install the ACR 9.8 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-12-11_13-12-24.jpg

this is the error I get when I try to install that update file you gave me link to.

originally thats what I tried when that failed, i simply downloaded the full version, trial, entered my cdkey, it installed fine no errors.

but as you can see when I launch it, its the previous version but displays the new logo, so bizarre.

and nowhere does it say 6.8, only way to know like you men tioned is to look at system info and read a cryptic version number which means nothing because how to know for sure thats really 6.8 when its  a bunch of numbers.

anyways, thanks for the help.

i've asked my friends and they too have exact same error message. what did they do...to get around this....wait for next update as most of my friends find LR to be very buggy like when 6.1 came around and broke everything so their logic is if it dont work just wait for a better version to come around.

i'm a bit more tech savy and I'll try to find out how to fix the problem by asking in forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i figured it out

you cant delete the file in finder directly

you have to move it to the trash can

once in there you have to:

1. Open Terminal. It's located in /Applications/Utilities. ...
  2. Double-click the Trash icon in the Dock to reveal the contents of the Trash. ...
  3. Press the Command-A key combination to select all files in the Trash.
  4. Drag the files from the Trash to the Terminal window. ...
  5. Press Return. ...
  6. Empty the Trash.

once i did that i ran the update and it worked.

so removing that adobe file worked, so in fact it was an adobe related issue, damn adobe has so many bugs in their updates.

i will pass this along to my friends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To check to see if Lightroom CC 2015 is up to date click on the Lightroom menu bar Lightroom "About Lightroom" and you should get this popup screen. See it says  2015.8 Release. and also ACR 9.8. (this means you have Lightroom CC 2015.8 installed which is the equivalent of Adobe Camera Raw 9.8)

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 5.45.13 PM.png

To check if the equivalent version of Adobe Camera Raw Plugin is installed in Adobe Photoshop CC check from the menu bar in Photoshop "About Photoshop Plugins" and you should get the screen popup as shown below. Then you will know for sure that both Lightroom and the Adobe Camera Raw Plugin in Photoshop are up to date. If you do not have Adobe Photoshop Installed you cannot install the Adobe Camera Raw Plugin.

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 5.42.00 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines