• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epub and interactive link help

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do my interactive links not work when published to epub and opened on an ipad in i books?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's like asking a doctor why you don't feel good.

What version of InDesign? What kind of EPUB? What is your definition of "interactive links?" What is your definition of "not work?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are just not there. Indesign CC 2015. The links I placed were 2 links to two different webpages, and 4 links to different pages within the file. Videos that I placed in the file worked, just not the links, they werent there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hyperlinks to external sites should look something this, note the green dot indicating a successful link.

(I highlighted a bit of text stating "click here" in this example.)

For the internal links (from the fly-out menu) set a New Hyperlink Destination first, then New Hyperlink.

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 22.04.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My links look like that for the external ones, with dots, and the ones linking to other pages have a page icon. When I export to epub and open in my ipad, in ibooks, the links aren't active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export it as an interactive PDF do they work there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek Cross, yes the links work as an interactive pdf on my laptop,  but runs very slowly on my iPad. Is there much of a difference between the epub interactive and a regular interactive pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggested testing with an interactive PDF is see if the links worked with that format. When you state it "runs slowly on my iPad", what do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well when I open the file in ibooks, it's loading very slowly as an

interactive pdf, but the links work but my videos that are in the file

won't work. And it's the opposite when i export to epub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the size of your ePub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The epub is 105 mb. The interactive pdf is 129 mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem hugely large considering you have videos included. Maybe you can make a copy, delete the videos, and see what happens to the links then. How are you viewing the ePub on your iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 6.07.57 PM.pngI took the videos out and the links still don't work. I really need to figure this out and have the four links and videos work in an epub, is there something I'm possibly overlooking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines