• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign UI

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally had to make the switch to Adobe CC and I'm having a big problem with InDesign at the moment (I'm sure PS and Illustrator will frustrate me later). Because of the nature of my graphic design work, I DO NOT like tabbed documents in an application, I prefer one doc open, with all the menus, control bars and tools floating "in front" of my work so I can zoom in really tight when I need to...etc. I don't need to explain myself. ID CS6 allowed me to do this easily. I cannot figure out how to set this up via Preferences, or any other way in ID CC 2017. This will also be a problem with PS and AI I presume. It is the way I work. But I do like many of the other new features.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I hope it's not, "get used to tabbed docs?"

Regards,

R

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Under the Windows menu (tick or untick):

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 21.46.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Interface > Panels ? Or I didn't get somewhat here?

Interface.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry winterm. My working document is still floating above a doc with all the tool boxes and stuff. Here is a screen shot:

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 4.35.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the old school Mac behavior, go to the InDesign Window menu and near the bottom, uncheck Application Frame.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Windows menu (tick or untick):

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 21.46.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene and Derek!

Hello! I'm a happy camper now! Er, does this work in the other basics (AI, PS, er, that freaking Acrobat?). Owe you one...both one!

Russell!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop and Ai has the Application Frame option.

Acrobat DC:

Launch a PDF>Navigate to Edit>Preferences>General>Uncheck the option "Open documents as new tabs in same windows" and then relaunch Acrobat.

You would now see PDF' opening in new Windows and not in a tabbed format in the same window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines