• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Library Size Discrepancy

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running LR 2015.8 on a Mac, OS X El Capitan. I'm a fairly light user of LR, and usually when I am done I back up the catalog upon exiting.

This time, when doing that, I got the following message: "Catalog size is more than 4 GB." There was no way to skip the backup at this point, so I started it and quickly canceled.

If I go to Lightroom/Catalog Settings, it says the size is 14.4 MB. When I tried the backup again, after getting the same message, it actually finished the backup quickly, before I tried to cancel it. The size of the backed up catalog is 3.1 MB.

So why is it telling me it's > 4 GB when I initiate a backup?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

It's just a minor glitch/bug.  Just tell the dialog to "don't show again" an continue.  You won't see it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a minor glitch/bug.  Just tell the dialog to "don't show again" an continue.  You won't see it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

As Robert said, its a bug in calculating the catalog size to show this information. Its harmless otherwise, just select "don't show again" and continue. We would fix it soon.

Thanks,

Chandan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines