• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos do not make round trip when edited in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved my LR CC catalog to Dropbox so that I could work on my photos, which are on an external hard drive, from my office Mac and from my home Mac.

When I take a photo from LR CC to Photoshop CC for further editing and then I save it, like have done for years, the photo does not come back to LR CC and I have to import it again in order to show up in the catalog.

Is there any setting I should check in LR CC Preferences or Photoshop CC Preferences which I should change?

I have upgraded to the latest CC Applications and I run El Capitan on an IMac and a MacBook Pro.

Please help.

Thank you.

FC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Dropbox to sync the catalog from IMac to MacBook & visaversa ?

It is possible you have different versions of the catalog for each computer and the Photoshop file is only being added to the catalog that is  currently active. Catalogs must reside on a fixed internal drive or a connected external drive.

If you move the external drive between computers with all your image files, you would be better to have the one catalog on that same drive, so it 'travels' with the photos, and no possibility of syncing problems.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, could you please confirm the Lightroom version you use?

Do you face this issue on both iMac and MacBook pro?

What if you create a local catalog, not as a part of Dropbox, and try to do "Edit in PS" ? Does it work as expected?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 2015.8 on both computers.

The issue is on both computers.

Did create a new catalog and imported the old one and same problem.

Tried with new catalog and imported one photo and after editing in Photoshop 2017 it comes back with an empty image with "!" and the following message: “LaCie:Photos:FC Photographs 2016:2016 12:2016-12-11:20161211-20161211-_DSC2104-2-Edit.psd” could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?  Previous location: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2017/LaCie:Photos:FC Photographs 2016:2016 12:2016-12-11:20161211-20161211-_DSC2104-2-Edit.psd

I don't understand the Previous Location in Application.

Thank you

Fabio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now beyond my knowledge, sorry.

Note that the colon symbol ':' is an illegal character for Lightroom so may be upsetting the system if used in filenames.

(I am not a Mac person also)

An what do you mean by "...imported the old one..." ?

Have you tried with both a new catalog AND the original image file on the same internal hard drive (eg. the desktop) of one computer, then edit in Ps?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines