• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to InDesign 2017 -- unusable.

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a good PAYING adobe client, I ran the update to InDesign 2017 on my iMac running OS 10.12 and now I cannot use the program at all. If it open, it won't scroll through a document, won't scroll in the Pages palette and if I get to the page I want and click on it, it won't bring that page to screen. When it opens, the whole application window is doubled up upon itself and allows me to do nothing. I have a major project that I have to complete today and the application is literally useless. Great job, Adobe. You had me update to a program I simply can't use and am in turn going to lose ground with a client. Why are you beta testing with paying customers who have paying customers? FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you leave 2015 installed, by any chance? If so, you can reinstall it (and get back up and running) by following the steps in the 2nd half of this post.

Adobe Creative Cloud: It’s Not Working After the Upgrade - Rocky Mountain Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...I have a major project that I have to complete today and the application is literally useless. Great job, Adobe. You had me update to a program I simply can't use ...

Does anyone need to say it? Ah heck, why not.

Updating during major projects is an iffy practice, and I would only do it if the bugs in what I was using were so bad there wasn't an option. And I would be ready to immediately roll-back if need be. If necessary I would just do it and get on with the major project in order to keep both the client happy and save what little sanity I have left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ken

Thanks for writing to us regarding InDesign Performance.

We are looking to address these performance related issues inside InDesign that are mainly being faced by our valuable customers.

we need your support In order to work on these slowness issues.

Please help us in isolating real issue by sharing the following infomation:

• Sample Document(Please attach a packaged document for analysis)

You can upload your document on dropbox OR creative cloud for sharing.

• Which area OR feature where slowness is being observed(e.g typing, export, movement etc.)

• Any Known steps(Step that led to slowness)

• Video recording(If possible screen recording showing slowness )

Eagerly waiting for your response. you can share the assets at monsingh@adobe.com

Thanks,

Monica Singh

Adobe InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines