Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Naming during Import now working

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have recently installed Windows 10 on my computer and re-installed Lightroom CC.

I always use the following simple method to rename files during import.

Renaming Files During Lightroom Import | Maine Wedding Photographers

I have noticed that I am not being able to use the Filename Editor to create a filename template as shown below.

Rename-1.jpg

As you can see above that none of the settings that I have inserted is displayed in the example. When I Save current settings as new preset and apply the preset during import nothing changes as you see below. The sample should show My Filename

Rename-2.JPG

Could someone please help.

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

By the way, you need to change the title of the post to "not working" instead of 'now working" because it is definitely NOT working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you pick a different template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a BUG.  It seems like any custom edit or preset with a date in is gets messed up.  Any DATE value does not show up.

Does not work in IMPORT Rename

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 10.27.16 AM.png

But is does work in RENAME in Library

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 10.31.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, you need to change the title of the post to "not working" instead of 'now working" because it is definitely NOT working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Bob,

I must be feeling sleepy and tired after re-installing Windows 10 with all my applications and typed the title incorrectly as 'File Naming during Import now working'...instead of 'File Naming during Import NOT working'.

I checked to see if I can edit the title so that my post doesn't look stupid but did not find a way.

Please let me know how I can.

Regards,

Pankaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after upgrading from LR6 to CC 2015.8. Nothing seems to work in the rename section of import dialog. But I have tried importation and renaming seems to work during importation with my preset (nearly yours with AAAAMMJJ_HHMMSS_{name of my camera}).

Hope it will help,

Kind regards,

Jean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still NOT working in 2015.9.   Did they actually fix any bugs in this latest release?

On top of the original post #2 I made there is also an additional bug in the TEXT portion if a DATE field in involved.  As you can see I put "Than  date" in the template and then the DATE field and then tried to edit the TEXT portion the "this is edited" does not show up.

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 11.15.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I started a new thread because Pankaj was unable to change the misleading title and because the thread is marked "answered" I am hoping this issue may obtain better visibility with a new thread, or maybe a moderator will see fit to rename this one and also change it to "unasnwered".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged that the Sample filename doesn't get updated when a file renaming template contains date tokens: Lightroom: Missing example : of how filename is to be named/created in filename template editor (how... . But thought the Sample filename field doesn't get properly updated, the template still works when used to rename files.  Please add your me-too vote and opinion to the bug report, making it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another problem with the Fie Rename is you can not insert tokens at the cursor, they are only added at the end of the string. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines