• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe after effect not updating 2017

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys my adobe after effects it not updating its always stuck on 36% i left it all night and still the same i also,

done this:

from another thread and had no effect still stuck on 36%

its just after effect everything else works fine.

"

kanikas100

Correct Answerby kanikas100 on 02-Nov-2016 08:51

Hi Ocabj,

Please close all the background Adobe processes from Task manager(windows)/ Activity monitor (MAC) ,restart your machine and try again.

List of processes:

• Creative Cloud
  • Adobe CEF Helper
  • Adobe Desktop Service
  • AdobeIPCBroker
  • Adobe Installer
  • AdobeUpdateService
  • AdobeServiceInstaller
  • CreativeCloud(URIHandler)
  • AAM Updates Notifier
  • CCLibrary
  • node
  • CoreSync

Let us know if this helps !

"

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharkz786,

I'm glad it worked for you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol i said it did not work i woulnd post this if it worked lol.

i still need help. sorry to disappoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried logging out, closing the CC app, rebooting your machine, then logging back in to the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried that still stuck on 36% this is annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my experience on the BUG !!! (I think Adobe as a big problem...)

PROBLEM

When trying to update After Effects CC 2017 the /installation reports the error 117.   The installation always stops between 20% and 30%.

1. We went through all your explanations and have no firewalls on the machine. As well we turned of all firewalls inside the modem.
  2. We had two Adobe agents remote controlling our machine and they tried everything without success. (I also had several calls during night-time but no solutions for weeks)
  3. We tried a different network without success (connected directly to the modem)
  4. We tried everything in safe mode without success
  5. We tried reinstalling After Effects CC 2017 (direct download) which worked but still it is impossible to update to 14.01.
  6. This happens on two different Mac Pros (2010, 12-core)
  7. We could easily install Premiere CC 2017, Photoshop CC 2017 etc.

It only happens with After Effects CC 2017: On one machine we were able to install the first release of AE CC 2017 on the other machine even this fails.

8. We never had similar problems before (up to AE CC 2015.3)

9.After Effects CC 2017 (14.0.0.207) is useless without the update (14.0.1 bug-fix) because it is crashing all the time. – That is why you had to make the update.

10. Please don’t tell me „there is no update“, that the CC Cloud App is reporting a wrong information or that I can work with AE      14.0.0207! (That’s what I was told yesterday) I can open it of course but it is crashing when I want to preview!

11. There are quite a few people who are experiencing the same problems !

So it looks like there is a problem especially with After Effects CC 2017.

I have been your customer for so many years now and I think that I know what I am doing. So please take this problem serious and try to offer me some solution.

I experience all the problems that Adobe is going through in the past and I have the impression that it is always the customer’s fault. But it is not. Please be so kind and admit that there are things going wrong because it is obvious.

And please contact me during European Business hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. We had two Adobe agents remote controlling our machine and they tried everything without success. (I also had several calls during night-time but no solutions for weeks)

this sounds very disappointing. you do realize posts here are only occasional monitored by Adobe representatives and hopefully someone can reach you through your posts. this sounds like a direct costumer care issue so I would keep trying to get this solved via remote desktop or email directly with an agent. I had a case where I had to uninstall ALL of my CC apps and Re-install to solve it using the CC CLEANER with these directions: Ae 2015.3 stuck on flash screen suddenly maybe you should try it.

another time I had to completely re-install my operating system (luckly it was a fresh Os install so I was not too annoyed by it)

I wish you good luck and whatever you may find please update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exaclty! i just waited a week and tried again and it updated fine!

Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shark

Glad it worked for you. But I wasn't lucky. I am trying every day and it always stops.

The only interesting thing is that once I tried very early in the morning around 5 am (European time) and the update went up to 43% for the first time. Then it was frozen, not the machine, only the update didn't do anything anymore. And there was no information about a failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem.

I got this download issue on my 3 years old macbook pro. I thought it was some OS issue so i didnt bother cos I was about to get a new machine soon.

Now I just got the new macbook pro (with the touchbar) and I got the same problem.

So it looks like it is not related to "how clean the OS is".

I've tried dozens times... still trying to install AE, so far no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody

I have an UPC-Internet. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Animate all install perfectly final.

Only After Effects is not installing.

I now tried to update through my mobile phone which is t-mobile. I have a very bad connection and I had to try lots of times but finally it WORKED !!

So it looks as it is really a problem with the internet connection and has nothing to do with the mac itself.

Anyway it is weird that only After Effects is not working, so there must be something wrong with the AE update !!!!!!!!!

Also Adobe did not answer me for weeks which is not the way customers should be taken care of.

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now this is really annoying ! And it makes me a bit angry as well.

I had the UPC-technicians work on the issue but "all of a sudden" there is no issue anymore.

With the After Effects update (14.1) as off January 18th installing through CC cloud works without any problems like it used to.

So I have the impression that it was a pure After Effects problem ! Why would the new update work and the previous not.

At least Adobe could have admitted that they have a problem and not blame others !

I have been working on this for more than 3 months now and Adobe took a lot of time from me.

As a professional this means a lot of money !!!!

I do not expect Adobe to say sorry but please do not take us as "stupid users" in future as you always did in the past.

Regards,

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines