Exit

Indesign do not pack links ?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign CC (2017), Windows 7 Professional

Document with 127 links.

When I pack the file, it creates fonts folder, idml, indd and pdf files plus instructions.txt - but no links folder. I have remembered to tick the links option!

I've been though all links and links folders and corrected/deleted all special characters in names. I've resetted Indesign preferences by clicking Ctrl.-Alt-Shift when opening Indesign. None of this has removed the problem.

I've even tried to pack the file on a colleagues computer, but it still doesn't work.

Anyone with a solution for this?? PLEASE 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

I finally found out that it was the document, which was corrupted! I exported as an idml file, then opened the file and saved it as an ordinary indd file - and voila! when I packed the file again the links folder was created just as it should be! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally found out that it was the document, which was corrupted! I exported as an idml file, then opened the file and saved it as an ordinary indd file - and voila! when I packed the file again the links folder was created just as it should be! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines