Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Render my Video - cache error

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej!

I purchased Adobe after affects together with the whole creative cloud One week ago. No I have big problems in exporting my videos in after effects. I tried on three different Macs. It's always the same warning that appears. It says something like the disc cache file is on a hard drive that hasn't got enough free space to save the data. But that's not the case. I tried to save it on an external hard drive as well as in the macs own ones...  it's always the same warning that appears. I really need to render this video so I am very much hoping to hearing from anyone of you soon, I wish you all a good start in the new week- greetings from Berlin, Hannah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says something like the disc cache file is on a hard drive that hasn't got enough free space to save the data.

showing us the exact message is a good idea. print screen and post it.

I really need to render this video so I am very much

what are your render settings? here's how to render a video in Ae: Basics of rendering and exporting in After Effects CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick answer!

The message is in German and there is no option here to post a picture/:

i used AE for the first time on both macs so it was the basic render setting I suppose... it's just weird because it always says the medium where it has to be rendered to is too full - saying there's not enough space in it even though there still is free space of 800gb .../: after two-16min of rendering it stops and the message appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact render settings and other info nobody can tell you much. This sounds more like A CoDec issue or reaching the cache limit. for the time being turn of cache usage in teh render settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a possibility to upload files? It definitely has something to do with the cache.

Thats wat it says: "Der Disc-Cache Ordner befindet sich auf einem Laufwerk, auf dem nicht genügend Speicherplatz zum sicheren Speichern der vollständigen, in den Voreinstellungen angegebenen Datenmeng. Machen Sie weiteren Speicherplatz verfü oder oder ändern Sie in den Voreinstellungen unter "Medien-und Disc-Cache" den Ordner ändern oder eine andere Maximalgröße für den Caché angeben." - "The disc cache folder is located on a drive that does not have enough space to secure the amount of data specified in the preferences. In the Preferences under "Media and Disc Cache", change the folder or specify a different maximum size for the caché."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There may be useful. Open Edit/Purge/All Memory & Disc Cache... Безымянный.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as for the exact message:

It says something like the disc cache file is on a hard drive that hasn't got enough free space to save the data.

if this is the message:

That warning appears if you have the disk cache size set to greater than 80% of the available space on the drive. To make the warning go away, set the disk cache size to 80% or less of the free space on your drive. (the setting is under preferences->media and disk cache). but this should not affect your render and most of us probably turn this warning off and show "never again"

i used AE for the first time on both macs so it was the basic render setting I suppose

you should not suppose anything when it comes to Ae. it might seem like a harmless video editor but it's not - it's a very powerful software that can frustrate you if you don't know what you are doing.  I have sent you links for you to read and watch for a

better understanding of the export process. You should also visit here very often:.After Effects tutorials

The message is in German and there is no option here to post a picture/:

yes there is - use your screenshot copier of your preferences and drag it to the text field. you can also copy paste. and you can also use this:

after two-16min of rendering it stops and the message appears.

rendering 16min is inefficient way to work in Ae. as I said, it might look like a video editor but it's not. After effects is for creating shots, not editing movies and not exporting long length movies as well. this doesn't mean it can't do it but it has been refereed to as hammering a nail with a screwdriver. here's a funny educational video about the difference between Ae and Premiere (video editor): Adobe After Effects vs Adobe Premiere Pro - YouTube

if you still want to export a video, use Adobe Media Encoder and not After Effects because you probably are interested in creating a watchable version of you project, and not intending to create a digital intermediate version you can continue to composite/edit without loosing quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI macchiahannah,

Did you get your issue solved with any of these responses?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines