• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements snow overlay?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to used Corel Videostudio but have just changed to Premiere Elements for my videos.

I'm looking for a way to add snow to a video clip (which I used to be able to do in Corel)

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Premiere Elements​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not a snow particle effect in Premiere Elements.

However, you can manually add snow by animating a transparent PSD file with snowflakes on it. Though unless you understand alpha channels and keyframing, it's a bit hard to explain in a forum post. Especially if you want to add several layers of animation to make the snowfall look more realistic.

I'd recommend that, if you've got a program that can add snowfall, you use that program to produce this sequence or effect and then you export the video as an MP4 and do your editing in Premiere Elements. No point in re-inventing the wheel, after all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, I'm a bit of a novice to say the least!

Can you suggest any programs that I can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you say, Corel has a snowfall effect. So do CyberLink PowerDirector and HitFilm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines