• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Img Burn

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time ago I had asked about "how to copy an existing DVD and burn it", I was given the information link to IMG Burn, however now when I go to that link it states that IMG burn is no longer available at that site.

Can someone provide me with that link once again?  Also ATR provided me the information as to "how to download that DVD onto my computer and burn a copy of it", does that information remain the same?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google for "ImgBurn" and you'll find other choices for download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually did that and not sure which might be a "safe" download to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Mirror 7 here:

The Official ImgBurn Website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I did download Img Burn but now have other issues, I believe that I just lost my DVD drive and burner. I cannot get it to open and the program to open it has disappeared from my computer. That said I won't be doing any Adobe projects for awhile. But thank you for giving me the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is usually a small hole that is only big enough for a straightened paper clip on the front.  Straighten a clip, push it in gently and the drive should release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and got the tray to open, but I uninstalled Img Burn as it was not working with what I wanted to do, but now my whole dvd drive has "disappeared" from my computer. I am trying to trouble shoot that but have no idea where to begin. I did the trouble shoot on the control panel and all it comes up with is driver for unknown device is gone. I am stymied at present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find a solution here:

DVD drive missing in windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

Just saw that my reply to you was "posted" to myself?? Sorry, but you perhaps will be able to read that reply. As it is posted on the forum. Again thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AZ Aurora wrote:

This morning I found your message and like I said was hesitant to try some of those remedies, so I went into my "garbage can" and restored my "shortcut" and voila it also restored my CD drive!! I have never had that problem in the past, I would delete a shortcut and it would not also delete the original??!! Another lesson learned!!

That's very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

Okay, thank you for that link. I just went there and had actually tried a few of the steps last evening. The rest appeared "complicated"! I than went back to the "beginning" and retraced my steps. The problems seemed to start with Img Burn, I had tried to copy the DVD and got a message "failed to read sector 811408, I Googled that and it seems that others had also received sector errors. I than tried to remove the DVD and that is when it went "South". I could not get my dvd to eject both with the "eject" on the computer screen or manually with the side button on my laptop, and yes, had resorted to the "paper clip".

At that point noticed a "question mark" on my desktop next to my short cut for the cd/drive. I could not find the reason for it so I "deleted the shortcut". I decided to uninstall Img burn and call it a day. I than went to find my cd/drive and found it "missing"?!  That is when I started to become concerned. It was late so shut down the computer for the night.

This morning I found your message and like I said was hesitant to try some of those remedies, so I went into my "garbage can" and restored my "shortcut" and voila it also restored my CD drive!! I have never had that problem in the past, I would delete a shortcut and it would not also delete the original??!! Another lesson learned!!

I now am back to square one, and very leery of trying to once again "copy" the original dvd project to reproduce it for another burn. I may just live with one copy or redo the project at a later date, I do have all of the photos in order and would have to once again put them on the timeline, add text and music. As we all know that is not a quick and easy task.

Sorry this is so long but thought perhaps you would like to know "the rest of the story". Once again thank you at this forum, all of the responders have been fantastic. Muchas gratias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see ImgBurn here: http://imgburn.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines