Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't recognize Iphone 6!

Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR suddenly won't recognize my Iphone 6 when I try to Import photos.  I am using an old version of LR on a Macbook (3.6).  I've imported dozens of times in the past using this same LR version .....on the same computer.....with the same phone.  Now suddenly it won't recognize it.  ITunes and Photos recognize my phone so it seems to be a LR issue.  I've tried all sorts of workarounds from other forum answers (disabling "sleep" on the phone, trying different USB cords/plugs, rebooting phone while plugged in computer, opening Photos, etc. etc.).  Any fresh ideas? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Assuming you are using Windows:  Close Lightroom.  With your iPhone/iPad plugged into the computer, try going to the Control panel and open "Devices and Printers".  Scroll towards the bottom and you should see [Apple Mobile Device USB Driver] under Unspecified. 

Right click on the Apple Mobile Driver and select Properties

Select Hardware Tab

Click Properties on bottom right

Click Change Settings

Select Driver Tab

Click Update Driver

Click "Browse my computer for driver software"

Click the Browse button

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unlocking your phone before plugging it into the computer.  That worked for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I did try unlocking it, and it still doesn't work.  Thanks anyway! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  iPhone 6+ downloaded to LR6 a couple of weeks ago though I cannot get LR6 to recognize my iPhone.  Open LR6, click on Import, then Source, and no listing for iPhone.  Hence, no photos show up.

Any ideas about how I can solve this?  I have changed cables, switched from USB 3 to USB 2, unlocked iPhone prior to hooking up, etc etc.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are using Windows:  Close Lightroom.  With your iPhone/iPad plugged into the computer, try going to the Control panel and open "Devices and Printers".  Scroll towards the bottom and you should see [Apple Mobile Device USB Driver] under Unspecified. 

Right click on the Apple Mobile Driver and select Properties

Select Hardware Tab

Click Properties on bottom right

Click Change Settings

Select Driver Tab

Click Update Driver

Click "Browse my computer for driver software"

Click the Browse button and navigate to: Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

Click OK, then select next.

Proceed with the driver up date. 

Disconnect your iPhone/iPad from the lightning cable connecting to to the computer

Unlock your iPhone/iPad and reconnect to computer

Open Lightroom and see if you can now import. 

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your reply PaulE911.  I am not on Windows.  I am on a Macbook Pro using macOS Sierra. 

Still searching for a solution.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PaulE911 - You ARE the man!  After a few hours of trying all of the other fixes to no avail, your fix above worked perfectly!  Thank you so much for your help!  You just saved me a whole lot more time and aggravation as I continue to work my way towards understanding LR6.  Thank you again!  --- Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I was able to help!  Lots of hours on my end also to figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am not familiar with the Mac operating system.  If it helps, in my case the issue seems to be that iTunes does an update and the adds drivers for the iPhone.  While the new drivers are copied to the hard drive in the iTunes install, Windows did not load them. Try finding the new drivers on your system and updating them.  You may need to repeat this every time that iTunes does an update.  And you do have to unlock your iPhone/iPad every time you connect it to the system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks PaulE911.  Itunes is updated but I can't seem to find any drivers on my computer to update.  Assuming that ITunes/Mac are synced in this way, but clearly there is an issue somewhere.  Hoping someone with a Mac will chime in.  Appreciate the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines