• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My pivot point moves!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change the position of a pivot point on an object with the Free Transform tool.  I can get it in place but when I copy the key and begin to rotate the object to a new position/angle, the pivot point floats away from the object.  Is there a way to solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a canvas project or as3 project?

are you copying and pasting a keyframe?  or inserting a new keyframe?  or adding a library symbol to a keyframe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drag the keyframe out on the timeline (to keep the pivot set).  That way I have 2 keyframes that are the same on both ends of the timeline. This is being done in a movie clip with the Free transform tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be out put for HTML5, I don't know if that matters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dragging moves a keyframe so there's still only 1 keyframe after dragging.  if you alt-drag, you copy a keyframe.

in any case, all the object in all the keyframes would have the same pivot point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple layers of objects in this movie clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're doing something wrong.

if you're tweening an object in canvas you should be using a classic tween, not a motion tween.  you should put each tweened object on its own layer.  create the first keyframe and add your object and adjust its starting properties (including pivot point).  then create your last keyframe (which will automatically contain that object).  in the last keyframe change your object's properties to your needs and then insert your tween.

p.s.  you cannot tween your pivot point with a timeline tween.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My solution was to just do this project in After Effects:).  Do the Adobe teams communicate?  How can the animation properties and setup be so well set up in one program and not the other?  And why can't I export .Swf files from After Effects?  That means I will have to create image sequences....so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pivot still floats and creates a weird animation when I tween it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the object flies over to the area of the animation and pops into place on the last frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines