• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Sequences going black

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have no clue what is going on.  AE wasn't doing this a couple days ago.  Now suddenly, no matter what image sequence I import, the last second or so just goes to black when I scrub in the timeline or play it.  If I time reverse the footage, it goes black at the start.  It's acting like there either aren't frames there, or all the frames are black, but neither of those are true.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  I'm right in the middle of a project for a client so really can't afford to be horsing around with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

no matter what image sequence I import, the last second or so just goes to black when I scrub in the timeline or play it.

try this workaround: Re: Last Frames of my Footage are Black same as here: Bug After Effects : import sequence of images

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried making new comp.  I tried making a completely new project.  I've restarted the computer.  Scanned for viruses.  Screamed to the heavens.  Have no clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the even wilder part.  I thought I could workaround by figuring out the exact frame that it went black, and then going back and making a new folder with those exact frames from the original image sequence, and then re-import the missing frames as another image sequence, but then in the new image sequence, it will go black towards the end of that one as well.  So in other words, there is no workaround.  AE just screws you either way.  #thanksadobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this.Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this even mean?  Oh, I know this one....I know this one.  It means that AE software programmers have their heads up their butts once again.  Nice work every one.  You've turned this into a true horror show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no matter what image sequence I import, the last second or so just goes to black when I scrub in the timeline or play it.

try this workaround: Re: Last Frames of my Footage are Black same as here: Bug After Effects : import sequence of images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. please mark the response as correct so that others can find this quickly. this is especially important with dealing with these type of annoying bug issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines